Sunday, September 14, 2014

Brief Truce

And this yesterday, from when they paused in all their mock battling.
A single click will enlarge this photograph.



木の葉ふりやまずいそぐなよいそぐなよ   加藤楸邨
konoha furiyamazu isogunayo isogunayo
            leaves not stop falling
            don’t rush
            don’t rush
                                                Shuson Kato
from ‘Haiku,’ a monthly haiku magazine, August 2014 Issue, 
Kadokawa Gakugei Shuppan, Tokyo
Fay’s Note:  Shuson Kato (1905-1993)
I just copied this perfect autumn haiku with the citation, the kanji and the romaji from Fay's Today's Haiku web page.  This is a terrific blog, only takes a minute to read and you can think about it all day.
It has a good message for me because I got out of the chair too fast this afternoon and fell and twisted my ankle some. So remember not to rush; there's no point in it. Even the bucks shown above took a break from their wrestling.
I did start my Buson 100 today; more about that tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment